I’ve got a recipe that’s quicker, healthier, and tastier than ordering takeout from your neighborhood Thai joint. Just grab some chicken (or whatever quick-cooking protein on hand) add some frozen and leftover vegetables, and stir in some curry paste and coconut milk. After a few minutes on the stove, you’ll have a fragrant, flavorful curry. Instead of tipping the delivery guy, you can give yourself a pat on the back instead.
My PSA of the day: Make sure your pantry is stocked with a few Thai curry pastes. My favorite brands are Aroy-D and Mae Ploy and I like yellow, red, and green. You can buy these pastes at most Asian markets, but choose the ones that only contain herbs and spices. Read your labels, folks.
Ingredients (Serves 4 people):
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or fat of choice
- 1 small onion, chopped medium
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai curry paste (whichever color you prefer)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 10 ounces frozen vegetables
- 2 cups leftover roasted kabocha squash
- 2 tablespoons apple juice (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
I just realized you can reblog this and I’m obsessed with this recipe. 3x in the last 3 weeks.